I had a slight mishap when doing the shading wash on these. The wash caused an unusual number of cracks, maybe I was careless when applying it. I was a bit disheartened by this and just let them gather dust, half-finished, for a few months. But finally this week I finished the first squad. The painting is very basic with little highlighting, but I did manage to hide most of the cracking in the shaded areas. Overall it works relatively well despite the problematic wash. The figures are well detailed and that also helps a lot.
The Empress British wear some very late war kit, such as the camo jackets (similar but not identical to paras’ smocks) and camo netting worn around the neck. These were only used more widely during the last months of the war.