In an effort to make my napoleonic Finnish infantry look more realistic, I tried to make a barefoot soldier. I used the lower legs and feet of a set of barefoot Madras sepoys made by Perry. The poses on these happen to be very similar (identical in fact) to the Swedish infantry by the same Perry twins. So it was relatively easy to cut off and replace the legs. I added som green stuff to finish off the ragged looking trousers. Again, this was quite straight forward. I am pretty happy with this first try, and will try to do a few more similar conversions featuring worn clothes, patches, bad shoes and ragged gaiters etc.
2 thoughts on “Barefoot soldiers”
Great modification- great painting too.